Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 26 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Director of Asia Office Management to join our Operations Team.
The candidate should be motivated to help the world’s premier companies understand Asia, find alignment with customers, communities and key stakeholders and help Asia evolve by considering the ideas and capabilities of top tier companies that want to invest in Asia.
You will oversee our Asia Operations Management team, and manage BGA Asia office establishment, including:
- Work with the COO to establish priority order for opening new BGA offices in Asia.
- Research and vet legal counsel, accounting and tax requirements, and local requirements in each country to bring offices online.
- Oversee submission of all official documentation required by local governments and US State Department and Embassy clearance related to the office opening.
- Manage budget for the set-up of all foreign offices.
- Appoint outsourced legal firm, accounting, tax and payroll agents, corporate secretary and auditor for new office, in consultation with Head of Finance & HR and approval of the COO.
- Set up corporate bank accounts, including internet banking platform for operational use.
- Work with country managers to identify office needs for establishment (i.e. office space, required staff, office budget, etc.).
- Oversee development of all required templates associated with legal establishment, including:
- Employee contracts;
- Employee handbooks;
- Employee Personal Data Protection Notice & Consent
- Non-Disclosure Agreements (for clients, employees, and third parties);
- Local Independent Contractor Agreements;
- Travel, Expense, and other BGA policies; and
- Other documents as required.
- Work with our Contracts team to ensure alignment of terms and policies as it relates to billing and taxation issues within BGA Contracts
Ongoing management of BGA offices in Asia, including:
- Oversee annual and semi-annual filings, audits and taxes for overseas offices.
- Manage annual overseas office budget and ongoing projections and performance metrics of overseas offices.
- Communicate with managing directors to review metrics and financial projections, and address ongoing budgetary needs.
- Conduct an annual review of all templates to ensure ongoing compliance with legal, policy and accounting requirements.
- Work with Director of Contracts and the COO to ratify inter-BGA transfer pricing agreements.
- Other duties as required.
We seek a collegial, highly motivated self-starter, who intrinsically understands and values the importance of people and relationships to business success and growth. The ideal candidate should anticipate operational needs and understand how to effectively manage a team of a growing company working across multiple markets. Qualifications include:
- Proficiency in MS365 suite is required; proficiency in Salesforce and Bamboo is a plus; enthusiasm for and ability to learn and adopt new technologies is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, or similar field required; Chartered Accountant certification is preferred.
- 10+ years in project management, corporate operations and administration, accounting, or similar fields.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills required.
- Expertise, experience and/or strong interest in Asia, and willingness to travel throughout Asia.
- Self-driven, with an ability to work both independently and with cross-functional team members, and outside accounting and legal advisors.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide Personal Information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such Personal Information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history, and skills.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. While BGA strives to use acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect Personal Information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BGA to share your Personal Information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies who provide BGA with employee applicant selection services.