Who We Are?
BowerGroupAsia (BGA) is the premier government affairs, public policy and strategic communications advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Asia-Pacific. With 25 offices, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We are a fast-growing company and seek a talented, highly motivated Malaysia Senior Analyst to join our team in Kuala Lumpur.
Manage a portfolio of clients with a focus on the Malaysia market:
- Map, engage, establish and network with elected and appointed officials on a federal, state and local levels.
- Map, engage, establish and maintain professional relationships with private-sector stakeholders, civil society, members of the media and other influencers.
- Serve as account lead. Supervise the work of BGA Malaysia team members, ensuring high-quality, actionable and timely presentation of deliverables that meet the demanding needs of BGA clients, including in-person and virtual briefings, written memos and reports, presentations, stakeholder maps and others.
- Analyze and interpret business, investment and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws. Keep abreast of news relevant to clients and provide top-line analysis of current events and how developments affect clients’ business operations.
- Assist senior management and leadership with strategic planning for known and potential political and economic events, actions and activities that may impact the BGA business, clients and industry.
- Support and serve as mentor to junior analysts and interns on the BGA Malaysia team, ensuring fair delegation of tasks and providing guidance and instruction as necessary.
- Work collaboratively with BGA teams based in Asia, the Pacific and North America, on a range of projects and provide further support internally and externally to advance BGA objectives.
- Assist directors in developing new clients as well as identifying and expanding areas of BGA work opportunities with existing clients.
This position combines high-level client relations with the skills and responsibilities required for building relationships with key interlocutors in the market. The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient is crucial to this role.
- The ideal candidate has led or been involved in government affairs or public policy type of work and maintains a strong network of public and private sector interlocutors.
- She or he can lead the team and manage accounts independently with minimal supervision and is experienced in managing clients in high-pressure situations.
- She or he has excellent project management or strategic consulting skills and can effectively manage multiple work streams while meeting deadlines. She or he should be highly self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented and collegial.
- She or he should feel comfortable interacting with a range of interlocutors and should enjoy the various challenges of supporting large multinational corporations operating in the Asia-Pacific.
- She or he can provide timely and opportune management solutions in relation to the clients’ preferences and goals.
- She or he is highly personable, enjoys working in a dynamic and collaborative group and is able to operate in a flexible working environment including leading the team during work-from-home and other remote arrangements.
- Minimum 5 years of relevant working experience in government affairs or public policy or 7+ years professional experience in industries relevant to Malaysia.
- A keen understanding of Malaysia’s evolving regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of multinational companies.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, as well as Malaysian and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in native-level English and Bahasa Malaysia along with an aptitude for public speaking and project presentations.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Previous experience using Salesforce is a plus.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree. Master’s degree is a plus.
- Must be currently based in Malaysia.
Applicants should submit a cover letter and CV/resume. Please address application materials to BGA Malaysia Office Manager Thatcheenee Munusamy.
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide personal information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history and skills.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While BowerGroupAsia strives to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect personal information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BGA to share your personal information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third-party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies that provide BowerGroupAsia with employee applicant selection services.