Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Indo-Pacific. With over 180 staff working in 26 offices in Asia, BGA provides expert services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Analyst to be a part of our Singapore team.
The candidate should be motivated to help the world’s premier companies understand Singapore, find alignment with customers, communities and key stakeholders and to help Singapore evolve by considering the ideas and capabilities of top tier companies who want to invest in Singapore.
Research, Writing and Editing
- Analyze and interpret the business, investment and political implications of Singapore-specific government regulations, policies and laws. Keep abreast of news relevant to clients and provide top-line analysis of current events and how developments affect clients’ business operations.
- Cooperate across BGA teams at the working level to develop client deliverables in line with client expectations. Ensure the high-quality, actionable and timely presentation of deliverables that meet the demanding needs of BGA clients, including in-person and virtual briefings, written memos and reports, presentations, stakeholder maps and others.
- Conduct desk research on assigned clients and relevant market developments in order to inform client and business development conversations. Draft briefing materials and talking points for BGA leadership as read-aheads for client and non-client stakeholder calls/meetings.
- Contribute content and editing to research products, including Singapore news updates, client memos, the Asia-Pacific Forecast and others, as requested by BGA leadership. Assist in the drafting and review of products and client deliverables to ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide editing on client products, including monthly monitoring matrices, stakeholder maps, engagement strategies, etc., working in close coordination with the relevant account leads.
- Manage, update and expand the Salesforce accounts for assigned clients and non-client stakeholders in a timely manner. Flag important developments and drive awareness for the relevant BGA leadership.
- Build and nurture networks with clients and corporate executives, government officials, media and civil society experts in Singapore, and represent BGA before those constituencies as needed. Map and engage public and private-sector stakeholders, civil society, the media and other influencers to help clients formulate engagement strategies.
- Represent BGA at client meetings, as requested by and under the guidance of BGA leadership, and other forums such as business councils and think-tanks.
- Track interaction with clients and non-client stakeholders in Salesforce, ensuring that contacts are updated, engagement is logged and follow-ups and to-dos are moved through the various BGA offices.
- Assist in scheduling and joining client, business development and non-client stakeholder meetings and conference calls.
- Develop agendas and talking points for client update calls in coordination with the relevant BGA account leads.
- Proactively research developments in Singapore’s sectors of interest to clients and inform relevant BGA colleagues, under the guidance of the relevant team leads.
This position combines keen research skills with the skills and responsibilities required for building relationships with key interlocutors in the market. The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient is crucial to this role. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally collegial, eager, highly motivated professional who can work independently, anticipate client and company needs and be part of a high-performing global team.
- A keen understanding of the geopolitical and regulatory environment in Singapore and how to navigate it on behalf of clients is required.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree is preferred.
- Work Experience: Three to five years of relevant experience working in government, a multinational corporation, journalism and/or consulting relevant to Singapore strongly preferred.
- Strong research, editing and written and verbal communication skills in native English are required. Knowledge of one or more Asia-Pacific language(s) is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in or passion for one or more of the following industries: financial services, financial technology (fintech), information and communications technology (ICT), and/or healthcare and pharmaceuticals.
- Aptitude for engaging confidently and thoughtfully with corporate representatives, government officials of various nationalities and levels, civil society and the media.
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Previous experience using Salesforce and MS365 is a plus.
- Applicants based in Singapore will be considered. Authorization to work in Singapore required.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please address application materials to BGA Singapore Managing Director Nydia Ngiow.
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide personal information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history and skills.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While BowerGroupAsia strives to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect personal information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BowerGroupAsia to share your personal information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third-party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies that provide BowerGroupAsia with employee applicant selection services.