Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia (BGA) is the premier government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting multinational companies in the Indo-Pacific region. With a presence in 25 countries, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We are a fast-growing company and seek a talented, highly motivated Director of Client Services based in Asia.
The Director of Client Services is a critically important role in a fast-paced and expanding client-facing team. BGA’s Client Services Team has responsibility for engaging the world’s leading companies and organizations and crafting strategic advisory services that advance their business priorities in the Indo-Pacific region. Directors share responsibility for all aspects of client management including, developing trusting and effective working relationships, communicating regularly with clients and BGA professionals based in 25 countries, guiding the delivery of exceptional service and contributing insights and ideas into all aspects of our work. Together with a team of client services professionals and BGA leadership, the director works to manage and grow our client relationships and deliver services that exceed expectations. This is a fast-paced and demanding role which requires high EQ, excellent communication skills, initiative, innate curiosity and the ability to foster collaboration while translating information into action on deadline across the BGA enterprise.
Manage and Grow Client Relationships
- Develop a highly sophisticated understanding of clients’ business models, their Asia-focused initiatives and the challenges and opportunities present for clients in the region.
- Establish trusting relationships with the people with whom we work—both internally and externally.
- Build rapport with clients based on a keen understanding of their personalities, their companies and what they need to be successful.
- Manage BGA’s communications with clients directly and by facilitating interactions with BGA’s regional experts and senior leadership. This entails:
- Ensuring interactions with clients are well-structured, with objectives and agenda identified in advance.
- Facilitating necessary internal coordination prior to client meetings to ensure alignment on messaging and delivery.
- Prompting, scheduling, joining and leading client and business development meetings and conference calls.
- Recording meeting outcomes and disseminating summaries and action items to relevant team members.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of each client workstream and the accompanying scope of work.
- Track interaction with clients ensuring that engagement is logged, contacts are updated and follow-ups are clearly communicated.
Network Development/Internal Communications
- Develop and maintain an active network among stakeholders engaged in or influential to commercial and trade policy in the Indo-Pacific. This includes policymakers, diplomats, journalists, corporate professionals and those in business associations, think-tanks, academic institutions, etc.
Project Management/Internal Communications
- Work to ensure alignment across the BGA enterprise in support of client objectives. This entails:
- Close and continuous coordination with senior members of the client services team, country teams and research team.
- Fostering collaboration and teamwork.
- Ensuring that tasks are clearly understood, responsibilities assigned and timelines met.
- Manage internal communication at both the working level and senior level with BGA experts on client deliverables:
- Hold internal coordination calls to discuss issues and potential solutions, frame client questions, ensure proper role-sorting and help prompt deliverables to ensure on-time delivery.
- Lead cross-functional coordination and support.
- Draft read-aheads/talking points for senior members of the team and BGA leadership for client interactions.
- Utilize communications platform(s) to drive project management and ensure delivery of high-quality service.
- Monitor and curate awareness of client/company business globally and in the Indo-Pacific to inform BGA’s strategies.
Research, Writing and Editing
- Manage, update and expand internal client database in a timely manner and help flag important developments and drive awareness for the relevant team members.
- Conduct ongoing research on assigned clients and sectors to inform client engagements. Deliver read-aheads and/or talking points for the senior director, vice president or CEO.
- Contribute content and editing to research products, including news flashes, client memos, the Asia-Pacific Forecast and others, as requested by the head of research.
- Frame, provide and solicit input and conduct final check for client deliverables, including stakeholder maps, engagement strategies, monthly monitoring matrices, etc.
- Keep abreast of news relevant to clients and provide top-line analysis of current events and how developments affect clients’ business operations.
The director position combines client relations with the skills and responsibilities required for internal management and leadership. The ideal candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively as a team player in high-pressure situations. He/she can effectively manage multiple work streams while meeting deadlines and should be highly self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented and collegial. S/he should feel comfortable interacting with a range of interlocutors and should enjoy the various challenges of supporting large multinational corporations operating in the Indo-Pacific. The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, in a fast-paced environment, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient, is crucial to this role.
- Expertise and/or experience in the Indo-Pacific generally and the region’s geopolitical and economic trajectories specifically.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in native-level English; proficiency in an Asian language is a strong plus.
- Four to eight years of experience in work requiring analysis, research and writing. Previous experience in advocacy-focused organizations (business councils, industry associations, membership organizations), particularly in member-facing roles is a strong plus.
- Aptitude for public speaking and project presentations.
- Superb and self-confident interpersonal skills, including with international counterparts.
- Proficiency in MS Office and basic internet applications are required, as is enthusiasm and ability to learn and adopt new technologies.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree; graduate degree in business, public policy, public affairs, international affairs, journalism, or related fields is preferred. The position reports to the vice president for client services.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please address application materials to BGA Senior Director Des Walton.
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide personal information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history and skills.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While BGA strives to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect personal information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BGA to share your personal information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies who provide BGA with employee applicant selection services.