BowerGroupAsia (www.bowergroupasia.com) is a specialized business advisory firm working with premier multinational companies in Asia. Our Jakarta office is PT. BowerGroupAsia Indonesia.
BGA brings unparalleled expertise, experience and networks in Indonesia and throughout Asia to support the world’s top companies in facilitating investments, understanding countries’ political, regulatory, and business dynamics, solving problems, managing risk and capturing new opportunities. In Indonesia, BGA has expert knowledge of Indonesia’s regulatory environment, politics, markets, government, businesses, media, and civil society.
We are seeking an Analyst for our PT BGA Indonesia Jakarta office.
Manage a portfolio of clients with a focus on the Indonesian market by doing the following:
- Ensure the high-quality, actionable and timely presentation of deliverables that meet the demanding needs of BGA clients, including in-person and virtual briefings, written memos and reports, presentations, stakeholder maps and other necessary deliverables.
- Analyse and interpret the business, investment and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws. Keep abreast of news relevant to clients, gather intelligence and provide top-line analysis of current events and how developments affect clients’ business operations.
- Map and engage public and private-sector stakeholders, civil society, the media and other influencers.
- Build and nurture networks with clients and corporate executives, government officials, media and civil society experts, and represent BGA before those constituencies as needed.
- Work collaboratively with BGA teams based in Indonesia and elsewhere in Asia, the Pacific and North America, on a range of projects and provide further support internally and externally to advance BGA objectives.
This position combines high-level client relations with the skills and responsibilities required for building relationships with key interlocutors in the market. The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient is crucial to this role.
- The ideal candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively as a team player in high-pressure situations.
- The ideal applicant can effectively manage multiple work streams while meeting deadlines and should be highly self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented and collegial.
- She or he should feel comfortable interacting with a range of interlocutors and should enjoy the various challenges of supporting large multinational corporations operating in the Asia-Pacific.
- Professional experience in the government affairs, public policy, consulting or industry expertise relevant to Indonesia
- Demonstrated experience in or passion for one or more of the following industries: healthcare and pharmaceuticals, information and communications technology, financial services, natural resources, and others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia along with an aptitude for public speaking and project presentations.
- A keen understanding of Indonesia’s evolving regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of multinational companies.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, as well as Indonesian and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Previous experience using Salesforce is a plus.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree, master’s degree is preferred.
This position is based in Jakarta and reports to the Managing Director and Deputy Managing Director.
Applicants should send a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position and CV to Douglas Ramage (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Alisha Sulisto (email@example.com).
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide personal information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history and skills.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While BowerGroupAsia strives to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect personal information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BGA to share your personal information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third-party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies that provide BowerGroupAsia with employee applicant selection services.