Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Indo-Pacific. With 26 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Analyst to join our Indonesia team based in Jakarta.
The candidate should be motivated to help the world’s premier companies understand Indonesia, find alignment with customers, communities and key stakeholders and help Indonesia evolve by considering the ideas and capabilities of top tier companies that want to invest in Indonesia.
Manage a portfolio of clients with a focus on the Indonesian market by doing the following:
- Ensure the high-quality, actionable and timely presentation of deliverables that meet the demanding needs of BGA clients, including in-person and virtual briefings, written memos and reports, presentations, stakeholder maps and other necessary deliverables.
- Analyse and interpret the business, investment and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws. Keep abreast of news relevant to clients, gather intelligence and provide top-line analysis of current events and how developments affect clients’ business operations.
- Map and engage public and private-sector stakeholders, civil society, the media and other influencers.
- Build and nurture networks with clients and corporate executives, government officials, media and civil society experts, and represent BGA before those constituencies as needed.
- Work collaboratively with BGA teams based in Indonesia and elsewhere in Asia, the Pacific and North America, on a range of projects and provide further support internally and externally to advance BGA objectives.
This position combines high-level client relations with the skills and responsibilities required for building relationships with key interlocutors in the market. The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient is crucial to this role.
- The ideal candidate can work independently with minimal supervision and collaborate effectively as a team player in high-pressure situations.
- The ideal applicant can effectively manage multiple work streams while meeting deadlines and should be highly self-motivated, well organized, detail oriented and collegial.
- She or he should feel comfortable interacting with a range of interlocutors and should enjoy the various challenges of supporting large multinational corporations operating in the Asia-Pacific.
- Professional experience in the government affairs, public policy, consulting or industry expertise relevant to Indonesia
- Demonstrated experience in or passion for one or more of the following industries: healthcare and pharmaceuticals, information and communications technology, financial services, natural resources, and others.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications skills in English and Bahasa Indonesia along with an aptitude for public speaking and project presentations.
- A keen understanding of Indonesia’s evolving regulatory environment and how to navigate it on behalf of multinational companies.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, as well as Indonesian and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Previous experience using Salesforce is a plus.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree, master’s degree is preferred.
This position is based in Jakarta and reports to the Managing Director and Deputy Managing Director.
Applicants should send a cover letter explaining their suitability for the position and CV to Douglas Ramage (firstname.lastname@example.org).