Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia (BGA) is the premier government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting multinational companies in the Indo-Pacific region. With a presence in 25 countries, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We are a fast-growing company and seek a talented, highly motivated Deputy Managing Director to join our team in Jakarta.
The deputy managing director will support the BGA Indonesia managing director in leading and managing the team in Jakarta. The ideal candidate will be able to anticipate the needs of BGA leadership and BGA clients. She or he will work closely with the managing director to form a cohesive forward-looking Indonesia leadership team that will retain staff and clients and grow business.
- Provide leadership and mentoring to the BGA Indonesia team. Set goals and standards for team members. Evaluate organizational structure and capacity needs to optimize workload and resource allocation.
- Supervise the work of BGA Indonesia team members and ensure that client deliverables and services meet BGA’s rigorous quality standards.
- Work closely with the BGA Indonesia office manager, managing director and the regional BGA Talent/HR Team to recruit and retain qualified talent. Ensure full implementation of all BGA talent and training processes and systems.
- Improve coordination with BGA regional teams on managing client deliverables, business development leads and operational affairs.
Client Services and Business Development
- Ensure that reporting, analysis, and advice on key public policy, regulatory and legislative developments in Indonesia are accurate. Ensure that the information and insights collected by the team are translated into well-packaged, cogent analysis and advice that adds value for clients.
- Lead the Indonesia team to ensure a uniform, high-quality and timely presentation of deliverables that meet the demanding needs of BGA clients, including in-person briefings, written products, cogent professional presentations, conference calls and other formats. This includes developing and nurturing talent, providing constructive guidance and editing, and leading by example.
- Support the managing director in increasing company revenue through business growth, development of new products and services, and operational efficiency. Oversee improvements pertaining to quality of service, operational efficiency and standards.
- Advise on business expansion and organizational growth. Provide guidance in setting targets and direction for business development activities and creating strategies for market expansion. Identify threats and opportunities based on market developments and propose necessary adjustments.
- Build and nurture networks and relationships with clients and other corporate executives, government officials, media and civil society experts. Represent BGA in chambers of commerce, professional and trade associations and other external groups and events.
- Represent BGA before major foreign companies seeking support in Indonesia and Indonesian companies seeking support in the broader Asia-Pacific region. Brief executives on the corporate, business, policy and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws.
- Seek opportunities for BGA Indonesia to contribute to media exposure through expert quotes in top tier print, broadcast or online media, op-eds and interviews.
- Coordinate with other BGA teams on business development targets and engagements. Track interaction with stakeholders in Salesforce, ensuring that contacts are updated, engagement is logged and follow-ups are moved through the various BGA offices.
We seek a collegial, highly motivated self-confident professional, who intrinsically understands and values the importance of people and relationships to business success and growth. The ideal candidate should anticipate client needs and understand how to effectively investigate, analyze and convey critical advice, insights and information on Indonesia’s political economy and business policy environment to corporate executives.
- 10+ years professional experience in consulting/advisory services, government, government relations, business, political-economic analysis, research and/or related fields is required. Managerial experience is preferable.
- Outstanding written and verbal communications and presentation skills in native-level English and Bahasa Indonesia is required.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, client executives, Indonesian and foreign government officials, civil society and the media is required. Aptitude for public speaking and project presentations is essential.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree in business, law, economics, politics, journalism, media or relevant fields is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in or passion for one or more of the following industries: information and communications technology, healthcare and pharmaceuticals, energy and/or fintech is preferred.
- Proficiency in MS 365/Office suite and an ability to learn and adopt new technologies is required. Proficiency in Salesforce is a plus.
Applicants should submit their CV and cover letter outlining their qualifications and suitability for the position to Douglas Ramage, Managing Director for Indonesia at email@example.com.
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide personal information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history and skills.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While BGA strives to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect personal information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BGA to share your personal information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies who provide BGA with employee applicant selection services.