Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the premier strategic advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Indo-Pacific. With a presence in 26 countries, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We are a fast-growing company and seek a talented, highly motivated Senior Legal and Contracts Manager based in Washington, DC to join our regional Operations Team.
The candidate should be motivated to help the world’s premier companies understand Asia, find alignment with customers, communities and key stakeholders.
- Manage new contracts, contract renewals and due diligence requirements for BGA, Inc. and subsidiary offices, including drafting and/or reviewing new and existing client contracts and producing and/or editing contract addendums and extensions.
- Manage strategic initiatives to improve processes, policies and procedures as it relates to contracts across BGA.
- Work cooperatively to explain, negotiate and achieve execution of commercial transactions.
- Develop and draft appropriate contract language to protect the assets and interests of the organization.
- Work with senior management to obtain legal and internal clearance, provide edited and approved contracts to the Director of Contracts for final approval or further client negotiations.
- Demonstrate an understanding of legal contract concepts, negotiation strategies, and the contract processes.
- Communicate company contract policies and requirements to internal managers, employees, and other stakeholders and support adherence to company policies.
- Review, evaluate, and negotiate third party contract with vendors and other non-client entities, and coordinate execution and implementation of those contracts company wide.
- Assist in maintaining contract management database and storage consistent with corporate policies.
- Identify legal and regulatory issues with product and marketing initiatives, operational matters, and customer engagements, including privacy and data security issues, and working with the appropriate resources to devise effective and creative solutions.
- Work with the Operations Team to maintain conflicts of interest disclosure forms.
- Maintain accurate contract records and report to the BGA Director of Contracts as needed.
- Other duties as required.
We seek an exceptionally collegial, highly motivated self-starter who is excited about helping BGA function more efficiently and productively. He or she must work independently and as an effective team member in supporting and anticipating company needs and filling gaps. Qualifications include:
- Proficiency in MS365, Salesforce, and ability to learn and adopt new technologies is required. Proficiency in Salesforce and MS365 is a plus
- A juris doctorate from an accredited law school with admission to practice before a state bar.
- Attorney with 2-5 years of in-house experience preferred.
- Excellent drafting and negotiation skills, critical thinking, strong communication and interpersonal skills, and ability to effectively interact and build relationships with executives and employees at all levels of the business.
- Experience with international tax, data privacy and ant-corruption law a plus.
- Ability to interact effectively and work in partnership with a diverse group of internal and external contacts.
- Strong business sense, excellent judgment, growth mindset, commitment to professionalism and collegiality.
- Strong attention to detail and outstanding organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge of one or more Indo-Pacific languages is a plus.
Applicants will be accepted from the United States with a preference to those within the Washington, DC metro area.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please address application materials to BGA Director of Contracts Dipo Akin-Deko.
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide personal information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history and skills.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While BowerGroupAsia strives to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect personal information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BGA to share your personal information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third-party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies that provide BowerGroupAsia with employee applicant selection services.