Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia, Inc. (BGA) is the preeminent government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting the world’s leading multinational companies in the Indo-Pacific. With 26 offices in Asia, BGA staff provide services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We seek a talented, highly motivated Analyst to join our Hong Kong team.
The candidate should be motivated to help the world’s premier companies understand Hong Kong, find alignment with customers, communities and key stakeholders and help Hong Kong evolve by considering the ideas and capabilities of top tier companies that want to invest in Hong Kong.
Research, Writing and Editing
- Analyze and interpret the business, investment and political implications of Hong Kong-specific government regulations, policies and laws. Keep abreast of news relevant to BGA clients and provide top-line analysis of current events and how developments affect clients’ business operations.
- Cooperate across BGA teams at the working level to develop client deliverables in line with client expectations. Ensure the high-quality, actionable and timely presentation of deliverables that meet the demanding needs of BGA clients, including in-person and virtual briefings, written memos and reports, presentations, stakeholder maps and others.
- Conduct desk research on assigned clients and relevant market developments in order to inform client and business development conversations. Draft briefing materials and talking points for BGA as read-aheads for client and non-client stakeholder calls/meetings.
- Contribute content and editing to research products, including Hong Kong news updates, client memos, the Asia-Pacific Forecast and others, as requested by BGA. Assist in the drafting and review of products and client deliverables to ensure on-time delivery.
- Provide editing on client products, including monthly monitoring matrices, stakeholder maps, engagement strategies, etc., working in close coordination with the relevant account leads.
- Manage, update and expand the Salesforce accounts for assigned clients and non-client stakeholders in a timely manner. Flag important developments and drive awareness for the relevant BGA team members.
- Build and nurture networks with clients and corporate executives, government officials, media and civil society experts, including attending BGA client meetings and other forums such as business councils and think-tanks. Map and engage public and private-sector stakeholders, civil society, the media and other influencers to help clients formulate engagement strategies.
- Track interaction with clients and non-client stakeholders in Salesforce, ensuring that contacts are updated, engagement is logged and follow-ups and to-dos are moved through BGA.
- Assist in scheduling and joining client, business development and non-client stakeholder meetings and conference calls.
- Proactively research developments in Hong Kong’s sectors of interest to clients and inform relevant BGA colleagues, under the guidance of the relevant team leads.
This position combines keen research skills with the skills and responsibilities required for building relationships with key interlocutors in the market. The ability to interact effectively both inside the company and externally, while remaining flexible, proactive and efficient is crucial to this role. The ideal candidate will be exceptionally collegial, eager, highly motivated professional who can work independently, anticipate client and company needs and be part of a high-performing global team. Qualifications include:
- A keen understanding of the geopolitical and regulatory environment in Hong Kong and how to navigate it on behalf of clients is required.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree; master’s degree is preferred.
- Work Experience: Two to five years of relevant experience working in government, a multinational corporation, journalism and/or consulting relevant to Hong Kong strongly preferred.
- Strong research, editing and written and verbal communication skills in native English are required. Knowledge of one or more Asia-Pacific language(s) is a plus.
- Demonstrated experience in or passion for one or more of the following industries: financial technology (fintech), information and communications technology, and fast moving consumer goods. Aptitude for engaging confidently and thoughtfully with corporate representatives, government officials of various nationalities and levels, civil society and the media.
- Ability to manage a flexible work schedule, including occasional evenings and weekends as needed.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Previous experience using Salesforce and MS365 is a plus. Native level English skills required.
Applicants will be accepted from Hong Kong.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Please address application materials to BGA Senior Director Chi-Jia Tschang.
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide personal information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history and skills.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet or method of electronic storage is 100 percent secure. While BowerGroupAsia strives to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect personal information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BGA to share your personal information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third-party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies that provide BowerGroupAsia with employee applicant selection services.