Who We Are
BowerGroupAsia (BGA) is the premier government affairs and public policy advisory firm supporting multinational companies in the Indo-Pacific region. With a presence in 25 countries, BGA staff provide bespoke services to clients in 28 markets across the region. We are a fast-growing company and seek a talented, highly motivated Thailand Analyst in our Bangkok office.
- Research and monitor business and investment sector issues, including government policies, regulatory developments, industry developments, consumer trends and issues, and business and investment opportunities on behalf of BGA and clients.
- Analyze and interpret the corporate, business, policy and political implications of specific government regulations, policies and laws at the national and provincial levels.
- Provide well-written, succinct, actionable reports to clients and to BGA leaders in both Thai and English.
- Build networks and relationships with bureaucrats and public officials, the business community, civil society organizations and consumer groups.
- Provide information and analysis on stakeholders relevant to BGA clients.
- Offer guidance and assistance in developing and implementing business, government relations, media, public affairs and other strategies.
- Manage and assist with the operations and event logistics organized by BGA for stakeholders.
- Provide other support as requested.
This position reports to the managing director for Thailand.
We seek an exceptionally collegial, eager, highly motivated self-starter who can work independently and collaboratively, anticipate client and company needs, and be part of a high-performing team. Relevant qualifications include:
- A keen understanding of Thailand’s political-economic environment and the ability to navigate it on behalf of clients.
- Excellent research and analysis skills and knowledge of relevant business sectors such as healthcare, ICT, finance, natural resources, manufacturing, telecommunications and others.
- Professional experience in government affairs, public policy, consulting or industry expertise relevant to Thailand.
- Business level English and native level Thai with excellent written and oral communications skills in both languages.
- Superb and self-confident interpersonal skills, with both U.S. and international counterparts.
- Ability to engage confidently and thoughtfully with corporate government affairs representatives, as well as Thai and foreign government officials, civil society and the media.
- Proficiency in MS Office and basic internet applications are required, as is enthusiasm and ability to learn and adopt new technologies. Previous experience using Salesforce is a plus.
- Education: Minimum bachelor’s degree in public policy, management, international affairs, economics, law and related fields. A master’s degree or higher is preferred.
- Must be currently based in Thailand.
Please address your application materials to BGA Thailand Managing Director Teerasak Siripant.
NOTE: When you apply for a position through our website, you consent to provide Personal Information to BowerGroupAsia to process such information in order to properly evaluate your potential employment. Such personal information may include, but is not limited to, your name, email address, date of birth, qualifications, experience, employment history and skills.
The security of your personal information is important to us, but please remember that no method of transmission over the internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100 percent secure. While BGA strives to use acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. BowerGroupAsia takes all appropriate measures consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws and regulations to protect personal information.
By submitting your information for a position with BowerGroupAsia, you consent for BGA to share your personal information with limited third parties, including hiring personnel with authorized access, and third party service providers appointed by and acting on behalf of BowerGroupAsia. This includes personal information that will be available to third party companies who provide BGA with employee applicant selection services.